A Global Education and Training Company: www.editurepd.com
Title: Systems Administrator for Editure Ed Tech Products and Services, Editure, Inc.
Location: Austin, TX
The Systems Administrator is a key member our organization and will report to the Director of Operations.
He / She will be responsible for the overall integrity of the VMware configuration, network operations, server deployment, and security.
The data infrastructure is key to the successful delivery of Editure products, including Avatar PRO, an enterprise-class learning management system; PD PRO, an online professional learning community with multimedia PD library and PD management; Observation PRO, an iOS and Web-based teacher observation tool; and others.
- Work closely with Development and Product for seamless execution of Editure software services.
- Act as a primary contributor in the migration of applications to new Data Center and VMware solution.
- Serve as the primary manager of the Network and all related hardware.
- Maintain a LAMP/VMware environment. Specifically PHP and Centos/Debian.
- Responsible for implementing, tuning and maintaining VMware based solutions.
- Implement VMware vSphere for server consolidation and virtualization.
- Stay up to date on, evaluate, and learn new techniques and technologies for integration into design requirements.
- Create and maintain custom tools for system automation (ie. scripting).
- JBoss administration – for JasperReports.
- Interact with clients as needed to troubleshoot high level issues with the product.
- Routinely analyze system logs and identify potential issues with computer systems.
- Apply operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Write documentation in support of the deployment, troubleshooting, and maintenance of the systems.
- Troubleshoot any reported problems, working with level 2 & 3 support staff to resolve time sensitive issues.
- Regularly check, investigate, and resolve monitoring alerts.
- Manage the implementation and operation of company web sites.
- Systems Administration for the Austin office.
**Salary based on experience and skills.
About Editure Professional Development
Editure Professional Development is one of the world’s largest providers of professional development, making a difference for tens of thousands of educators worldwide. Our mission is to work with schools to increase student achievement and to build capacity for long-term success.
- A broad range of IT infrastructure support experience preferred.
- Experience with network monitoring and performance management tools.
- Strong scripting skills. Shell/Perl, and Web development and maintenance.
- An understanding of SAN concepts in a VMware environment.
- Experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting VMware.
- Learn and maintain current and in-depth knowledge of VMware technology.
- Working knowledge of data centers, storage, SQL databases, TCP/IP networking, data security, firewalls and proxies.
- Self-starter with strong sense of ownership, assertive follow-through and orientation toward results.
- Ability to perform well under pressure, adapt to change, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to grasp problems quickly and apply their experience for problem resolution and provide recommendations.
- Experience in a mission critical environment providing system and technical support focused on ensuring high service availability.
- Team player.